- This event has passed.
Drive-In Movie: Back to the Future
July 3, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Kick off your 4th of July weekend with a free screening of the 1985 family-friendly classic, Back to the Future. The top deck of the parking structure behind Macy’s at Westfield Palm Desert will be transformed into a pop-up drive-in movie theater for this special event. Each arriving car will be allocated two spots to allow for social distancing. Movie-goers will be allowed to set up chairs for up to six people in the spot adjacent to their car to watch the film in the open air.
Pre-show entertainment starts at 8:00 p.m., followed by the film at 8:30 p.m. The “doors” open at 7 p.m., and attendees are asked to arrive early to settle in.
And what’s a movie without popcorn? Snacks will available for purchase by stopping first on the second level of the parking structure where Tristone Palm Desert Cinemas 10 will have a concession stand. Stuft Pizza will be open for advance online ordering and convenient curbside pick-up on your way to the show, too.
Capacity at this event is limited and advance reservations are required. RSVP now via the Westfield Palm Desert website:
This event is free to the public, but movie-goers are asked instead to bring a bag of non-perishable food to be donated to FIND Food Bank.
Please note these important additional guidelines:
STAFF & MANAGEMENT
- Our security team will be on the grounds for the safety of our guests at all times. PLEASE NOTE that we also have Palm Desert Police on duty to help keep everyone safe.
- For questions, comments, concerns about the staff or operations please email (email@example.com) or call 760-776-6245.
- There is no cost to attend, but a donation of a bag on non-perishable food is requested. Food will support FIND Food Bank.
- RSVP is required as spots are limited.
- Each drive in spot includes a viewing pod for 6 (maximum per pod).
- Management has the right to refuse service/admission to anyone at any time for any reason as they see fit. This is a private show and the safety of our guests is paramount.
- PLEASE pay attention to the information you receive at the entrance which pertains to our PARKING POLICY and courtesy rules.
- If you have an oversized truck, van, or SUV you will be required to park on the perimeter depending on how big your vehicle is. This is to avoid large vehicles from blocking the view to the screen by those in regular or smaller cars.
- PLEASE NOTE: Our parking policy is in place to ensure that everyone will be able to see the movie. We CANNOT make exceptions to our parking policy. Please come early, if you arrive late please do not expect to get a good spot.
- Raised hatchbacks or lift backs must not be raised any higher than the roof of the vehicle (maximum of 6 ft high) so as not to block the viewing angle of the vehicle behind you.
- We do not allow anyone to sit on top of their vehicle for any reason. This is a big safety concern and risk of injury. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- When you park your vehicle please pay attention to the ushers and do as directed. They will likely ask you to bring the center of your car hood (nose) to a cone. Drive slowly and carefully while in this parking lot.
ON THE GROUNDS
- The SPEED LIMIT on the lot is 5 MPH AT ALL TIMES!!! PLEASE watch for our staff, ushers, concessionaires and security officers.
- Drivers are responsible for making sure that all passengers are inside the vehicle and that no other patrons are in the way before moving their vehicle or leaving the theater.
- There is NO RUNNING or HORSE PLAY on the grounds or buildings (This includes parking lots, restrooms, etc.) This is for your safety and the safety of others.
- AGAIN, the SPEED LIMIT is 5 Miles Per Hour!
SHOW TIME / BOX OFFICE TIMES
- Showtime is at dusk, approximately 8:30pm.
- Movie will be canceled if winds are 20 miles per hour.
- Due to the distraction of potential barking, no dogs are allowed and because we can’t allow dogs, cats or other pets are also not allowed. This rule is for the safety of animals and other moviegoers.
SPEAKER & RADIO SOUND
- The FM Radio broadcast of all audio coming from the movie is available anywhere on the main parking lot. If you are having difficulty hearing the signal, please notify one of our staff members.
- The radio frequency will be that night on the screen upon your arrival. You will need an FM tuner in your vehicle to listen to the movie.
- We ask that you keep your car stereo audio at a reasonable level for your family to hear and enjoy, while not disrupting anyone else around you.
WATCHING THE SHOW
- We ask that after you have safely gotten parked, you shut-off all lights (interior and exterior), and put your car in the ALT position, so as to minimize the electrical drain.
- Car engines can tend to be noisy and put out a lot of fumes and odors and just cause a nuisance. We strongly encourage you to SHUT-OFF your engine as you enjoy so you do not disrupt other guests who may be sitting outside their vehicles trying to hear the concert or movie. If you are in need of Air Conditioning or Heat for a period, we understand starting the car for short periods of time. Please keep your lights OFF.
- You are given a full 7 ft. X 10 ft. Space next to your car on the DRIVERS side. Please be respectful of social distancing and keep your family and friends within this pod.
- Concessions are available to be delivered to your vehicle before and during the movies. This information will be updated prior to the event date.
- SMOKING POLICY – No smoking is allowed at the event.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- Concessions will be available on the second floor of the parking structure for purchase as you arrive.
- We are not accepting cash at this time. All orders will be paid via credit card.
- Laser pointers are not permitted at any time, if you are caught with one, it will be confiscated or everyone in your party will be asked to leave the Drive-In. YOUR CHOICE! This is a major safety alert and security violation and we do not take it lightly.
- Do not throw or launch objects of any kind at the screens, buildings, cars or people. Anyone who throws and launches an item will be immediately escorted out and their entire party will be asked to leave.
- Alcohol is prohibited. Anyone found with alcohol will be asked to dispose of the alcohol or immediately leave the premises, with their entire party.
SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES
- In compliance with COVID-19 recommendations by the Riverside County Health Department, no one should leave their car or private pod next to their car, except to visit the restrooms, located on the perimeter of the parking lot. Staying with your group in your pod area or inside your car is MANDATORY.
- We ask if you leave your car or pod, you wear your mask to the restrooms and back to your vehicle.
- While waiting in line at porta-potties, please stay at least 6 feet apart in line. Dots have been marked on the asphalt for your convenience. Please respect others by keeping your distance.
- We ask that you place all trash in the trash bag provided when you entered and take it with you upon departing. This is for the safety of our staff and for keeping the Drive-In clean of debris.
- We have a wheelchair accessible rest room on BOTH sides of the parking lot.
- If you are hearing-impaired, we are broadcasting in FM and you could bring a digitally tuned radio with headphones and we hope that works for your impairment.
PERSONAL PROPERTY/PERSONAL INJURY & LOSS
- Westfield and the City of Palm Desert are NOT RESPONSIBLE for Motor Vehicle accidents.
- Westfield and the City of Palm Desert are NOT RESPONSIBLE for damage to vehicles or personal property.
- Westfield and the City of Palm Desert are NOT RESPONSIBLE for lost or stolen items including, money & personal property.
- Westfield and the City of Palm Desert are NOT RESPONSIBLE for Medical injuries & accidents.
- All patrons and visitors know there are personal risks associated with any large venue gathering and accept those risks upon attending and entering one of the Drive-In Movie.