No matter how many times you’ve been here, no trip to Palm Desert is complete without enjoying at least a few of these all-time favorite activities.
- Shop ‘til you Drop. Enjoy an amazing selection of retailers during your Palm Desert vacation, from cute-as-can-be boutiques to coveted designer labels. Best of all, Palm Desert shopping lets you relax and stroll in the sunshine.
- Experience The Living Desert. Filled with desert wildlife and unique flora and fauna, The Living Desert is simply a must-see for children and adults alike. From giraffes to agaves, there’s plenty to keep you entertained.
- Take in a Show. For an evening of live entertainment, head to the McCallum Theatre for the Performing Arts, Palm Desert’s own state-of-the-art performance facility that houses musicals, concerts, dance, opera, orchestra and more.
- Relax Poolside. Grab a girlfriend, a magazine, a cool drink or just your sunscreen and head out to the pool! With warm sunshine all year round and plenty of resorts and hotels offering poolside fun, the water’s always great. And don’t forget the new Palm Desert Aquatic Center at the Palm Desert Civic Center Park offers three pools for everything from serious swimming to family fun.
- Get Artsy. Explore the artistic side of Palm Desert with a visit to a gallery, an ArtWalk on El Paseo, or a public art tour. From fine art to architecture, public sculptures and more, there’s no shortage of artistic attractions.
- Enjoy El Paseo. From window shopping and a cup of coffee, to a full day of fashion and food, El Paseo is the ideal place to enjoy fine retail stores, restaurants, galleries and more. Browse our interactive public art exhibit.
- Check out the View. Climb one of the dozens of hiking trails in the Palm Desert area for a spectacular view of the Coachella Valley and the surrounding mountains.
- Play a Round. Head over to the award-winning Desert Willow Golf Resort, where you can choose between two beautiful championship courses.
- Find the Perfect Park. Take Fido for a stroll in one of the city’s many dog parks. Grab some friends for a game of disc golf. Or just pack a picnic basket for an afternoon under a shady tree. At Palm Desert’s parks, there’s plenty to do – even if you do nothing at all.
- Savor the Flavor. After enjoying all these fun activities, you’re going to be hungry – and there’s no better place to grab a bite than in Palm Desert. From intimate cafes to elegant spaces, Palm Desert restaurants feature innovative and exciting cuisine, as well as plenty of options for al fresco dining.
Whatever you’re into, there’s always something going on in Palm Desert – including plenty of ways to simply relax and unwind.
Visit the Palm Desert Visitor Services counter inside the North Wing of Palm Desert City Hall for help finding even more things to do during your next trip.